This show is gold.
Sukitte Ii Na Yo
"why are u listening to anime openings"
why arent u
DAY 2 - FAVORITE ANIME COUPLE
"Chiaki and Nodame" (Nodame Cantabile)
Have a seat, guys. ‘Cause i’mma school you a thing in bullet point form.
Why these two?
- 'Cause they're wack. Seriously, Nodame and Chiaki were ‘married’ and not a couple at the same time. From the second episode Nodame told everyone that she loved Chiaki and that he was going to be her ‘future-husband’. And tirelessly Chiaki would throw a fit and tell everybody they were the farthest thing from a couple.
- They started out as friends. They did not go straight from being a girl and her senpai to lovers. Despite Nodame’s fantasies that Chiaki was her boyfriend and Chiaki’s reassurance that Nodame was just an annoying tag along, they enjoyed being in each other’s company.
- Their relationship developed in three seasons. Their romance didn’t follow the typical scene in the typical episode 12 where the girl goes, ‘oh senpai, i lubbu youuu' and her senpai goes 'i lubbu youu too' and they mwemwemwemwe happily ever after into the next 12 episodes- NO THAT’S NOT HOW NODAME CANTABILE IS. Their relationship continued to grow and evolve in the rest of the 30 something episodes.
- They were not selfish. Instead of giving up on her concert because Chiaki wasn’t there to watch her even though he promised, DID NODAME QUIT? DID SHE FREEZE AND GIVE UP BECAUSE HER SENPAI WASN’T THERE?!?!? NO. She wasn’t a wimp, AND SHE PLAYED HER DAMN PIECE AMAZINGLY AND MADE CHIAKI PROUD. When Chiaki was pissed off because Nodame refused his offer to travel with him, DID HE DECIDE TO DUMP HER AND MAKE HER COME CRYING TO HIM INSTEAD??! NO. He wanted what was best for her and he RAN BACK TO HER AND GAVE HER A SECOND CHANCE.
- Nodame and Chiaki display a mature relationship. Let’s get one thing clear. Nodame Cantabile is not a highschool anime. It’s a post-secondary and beyond anime. Nodame and Chiaki had to act like adults, and their journey as a couple exemplified the hard-ships and challenges that came with being in love.
More info on: